Muntpunt is reopening, hurrah!
We’re delighted to welcome you back to Muntpunt from 1 July! What can you do at Muntpunt? How will your visit differ? And what about safety? You can read everything you need to know here.
We’re pleased to announce that we can reopen our doors for you from 1 July.
Your visit will differ due to the corona measures. But rest assured; we’re working tirelessly to ensure you can make the most of your library experience.
Hope to see you at Muntpunt soon. We missed you!
When is Muntpunt open?
Muntpunt is open from Monday to Saturday, from 12:00 to 18:00
What can I do at Muntpunt?
During your Muntpunt visit you can:
- Search for and borrow books, CDs and DVDs
- Return books, CDs and DVDs
Please note: fines will once again apply from 6 July (you can check your loan period via Mijn Bibliotheek)
- Make use of the computers in the study room
Please note: max. 2 hours per person, max. 15 persons (first come, first served)
- Make use of the Medialab
- Participate in our summer activities
Please note: the number of activity participants will be limited.
- Enjoy food and drinks in the Muntpunt Grand Café
What can you not yet do?
- For the time being you will not be able to use seating, reading, work or study areas
- Our newspapers and magazines are not currently available
- The lockers are temporarily closed
- The take-away library will close from 01.07 > more info
How do we keep Muntpunt safe?
Help us make Muntpunt a safe place for all:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 m at all times
- Disinfect your hands regularly (hand gel is provided at the entrance and various points throughout the building)
- Wearing a face mask is recommended
- You’re not permitted to use seating, reading, work or study areas for the time being
- If possible, use your own device to search the catalogue
What are we doing to make Muntpunt a safe place?
- We maintain a distance of 1.5 m at all times We wear face masks where this is not possible. We have equipped our desks with plexiglass.
- We respect all current hygiene measures
- The entire building is cleaned and extra ventilated every morning.
- We’re making the toilets free on an exceptional basis this summer, to ensure that it’s as easy as possible for all visitors to regularly wash their hands.
Why is Muntpunt not opening until 1 July?
We searched for a way to resume various library services in partnership with the network of Brussels libraries. Our focus wasn't only on lending out items, but also on study spaces and access to the Internet or information. After all, libraries are more than just books.
That’s why Muntpunt opened exclusively in June for a limited group of pupils and students who desperately required a place to study during the exam period. The first physical information sessions had also been resumed. In addition, we extended the take-away library opening hours. Our Online Kids Library and online activities have also remained operational.
Other Brussels libraries opened their doors earlier. Muntpunt members enjoy automatic membership of all Brussels libraries and could consequently visit these libraries to borrow books, CDS and DVDs.