Muntpunt is reopening
On 1 March Muntpunt is reopening its doors and we’re delighted to welcome you back! What can you do at Muntpunt? How will your visit differ? And what about safety? You can read everything you need to know here.
From 1 March, we are happy to open our doors again for you! Your visit will still be different than usual, as we cannot yet fully reopen all our services and locations. But rest assured: we’re working tirelessly to ensure you can make the most of your library experience.
Hope to see you at Muntpunt soon!
When is Muntpunt open?
Muntpunt is open Monday to Saturday, from 12:00 to 18:00 (starting 1 March)
What can I do at Muntpunt?
During your Muntpunt visit you can:
- Search for and borrow books, CDs and DVDs
- Return books, CDs and DVDs
- Make use of the computers in the study room: max. 1 hour per person, limited places
- Make use of the study areas: reserving via bookaplace.be required, limited places
- Ask for help on how to use a computer, smartphone or tablet at the App-o-theek
- Receive tailored assistance when registering your child for a crèche, school or holiday camp in Brussels, or when looking for a nice trip for a small budget during Hulp bij inschrijven
What is not yet possible in Muntpunt? And do you offer online alternatives?
- For the moment, we only organise activities online.
- The newspaper and magazine corner will remain closed for the time being, but you can find a lot of digital reading material in the E-library, including newspapers and magazines.
- The lockers are closed for the time being.
- You cannot use the sitting or reading areas for the time being, except for the study and computer areas.
How do we keep Muntpunt safe?
Help us make Muntpunt a safe place for all:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 m at all times
- Disinfect your hands regularly (hand gel is provided at the entrance and various points throughout the building)
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory
- If possible, use your own device to search the catalogue
What are we doing to make Muntpunt a safe place?
- We maintain a distance and wear face masks
- We have equipped our desks with plexiglass
- We respect all current hygiene measures
- We limit the number of visitors
- The entire building is cleaned and extra ventilated every morning
What will happen to the Take-away library?
From 1 March onwards the Take-away library will close.
- You can still reserve and collect books, DVDs or CDs, but reservations are no longer free (€1 / title).
- Books, DVDs or CDs reserved before 1 March are still free of charge.
Reservations - practical:
- You can make a reservation online, via My Library
- When your reservation is ready, you will receive a confirmation e-mail
- You can collect your order up to 2 weeks after receiving this confirmation mail
- For the time being, you can collect all reservations at the yellow desk (0)